What is Vertcoin?
Due to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359323.0 topic, Vertcoin team decide to create a new coin base on Litecoin code, but change N factor rely on timestamp like Yacoin. Nfactor will begin at 10, that means it will requires N=2048 instead of 1024, and uses 256 kB of memory instead of 128 kB like Litecoin. those number will go up almost every year. Algorithm for proof of work is the same as Litecoin, using SHA-256 and Salsa20 as hashing and mixing functions.Release date: January 8th, 2014
- Algorithm: Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor (Not scrypt-jane)
- Symbol : v
- Max Coins: 84 million vertcoins.
- Block time: 2.5 minutes
- Subsidy halves every 840,000 blocks (~4 years)
- Difficulty Re-Target Time: 3.5 days
- Block Rewards: 50 coins per block