What is Mediterraneancoin?
Mediterraneancoin (MED) is a derivative of Bitcoin/Litecoin using a new proof-of-work algorithm called HybridScryptHash256.
The new Proof of Work algorithm HybridScryptHash256 is described in detail here: http://www.mediterraneancoin.org/hybridscrypthash256.pdf
HybridScryptHash256 integrates the best of Hash256 and Scrypt algorithms, allowing the reuse of the less powerful ASIC Block Erupter devices.
HybridScryptHash256 allows all the users of erupters and similar small ASIC devices to mine an altcoin without having “whales” coming and disrupt mining.Release date: February 7th, 2014
- 1 minute block targets
- about 6 hour to retarget difficulty
- Special reward system: random block rewards depending on block number:
- block number reward
- 1-100k random 1-100 MediterraneanCoins reward
- 100k - 200k 1-200 MediterraneanCoins reward
- 200k - 300k 1-150 MediterraneanCoins reward
- 300k - 400k 1-100 MediterraneanCoins reward
- 400k - 500k 1-70 MediterraneanCoins reward
- 500k - 600k 1-40 MediterraneanCoins reward
- > 600k 20 MediterraneanCoins reward (flat)
- after that, subsidy halves in 1036k blocks (~1 year)
- 200 million total coins
- protocol port: 9373
- rpc port: 9372