What is Digit?
Digit is hybrid cryptocurrency with unique approach to distribution and support.
Digit mining reward is variable, but not random. It reacts to market demand, but decreases in time.
More coins will be generated when network hash rate and difficulty is high. Less coins will be generated when network hash rate and difficulty is low.
Mining period lasts aproximately three years. By the end of this period, mining reward has decreased to the mininum and Digit mining process will end.
Once mining has ended, staking interest rate will start moving towards to monthly base rate of 0.2%.
Mining rewards will be minimum of 1000 DIG per block for first 60 000 blocks (about 1 month) even if network hash rate stays low.
Digit approach to mining and staking suggests nearly parallel supply curve with demand and popularity change .
Digit value over mining period is projected be far more stable than most cryptocurrencies on the market.
Payment instrument price stability is one of the most important conditions of getting recognized and accepted in global financial system.
Digit aims for maximum dispersion in early stages and maximum efficiency in late stages.
We belive in long term stability and popularity increase. We are confident that Digit way to handle coin distribution is the efficient and fair.
- Scrypt algorithm PoW and PoS.
- 60 seconds block time
- Difficulty adjusts every block.
- Minimum of 1000 DIG per block reward for first 60 000 blocks.
- Mining reward smooth decreasing factor.
- Demand adaptable mining reward.
- Rising interest rate until mining has been replaced with staking.
- Interest periods of 30 days.
- Interest payout periods from 1 day.
- 3 conformations for transactions.
- 60 conformations for mined blocks.
- Default ports: 11100 connection; 11101 RPC.