What is Betacoin?
Betacoin is a decentralized Internet currency that enables instant payments to anyone in the world. It is based on the Bitcoin protocol but differs from Bitcoin in some specifications. Betacoin provides faster transaction confirmations (4 minutes average block generating time). The Betacoin network is scheduled to produce 32 million currency units.
Betacoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority – managing transactions and the issuing of betacoins is carried out collectively by the network. Betacoin is open-source, its design is public, nobody owns or controls Betacoin and everyone can take part.Release date: October 24th, 2013
- Classic SHA-256 Algo, Proof of Work*
- Block target: ~4 minutes (2.5x faster than Bitcoin)**
- Total coin supply: 32 million coin units (will be mined in ~6 years) + small per year supply.***
- Block reward 128 coins, halving every 126000 blocks (~1 year)
- Fast difficulty adjustment - every 6 blocks difficulty changes plus or minus 1-2% from current network.
- NO PREMINE - this entry was public after the first block was mined.
|Adjusted ratio||63.8228833722 % BTC|
|Avgerage Profit||65.60332362489227 % BTC|