What is YaCoin?
YaCoin is a fork of Novacoin (arguably one of the most elegant Crypto-coin designs) with changes to guarantee long-term resistance against GPU and ASIC mining. YaCoin also features ultra-fast transaction verification time. You can send, receive and verify payments in 60 seconds.
YaCoin has a base block reward of 25 coins that depends on the difficulty. The difficulty is also controlled by an “N-parameter” in the Scrypt key function, whose purpose is to protect the network against GPU or ASIC dominance. Incrementing N will lead to immediate hashing speed decrease. The difficulty will reflect these speed changes (i.e., the difficulty will decrease after N++) with lags. The block reward depends on difficulty so the reward will increase and more miners will be motivated to join after N++. It’s not easy to predict now but we can be sure that some waves will happen on each N++ event.Release date: May 5th, 2013
- Long-term GPU, FPGA and ASIC resistance
- Fast transactions (send and receive payments fast)
- Long-term energy efficiency (via Proof-of-Stake mining)
- High incentive CPU-friendly Proof-of-Work mining
- Secure and robust (based on Novacoin code-base)