What is GrowthCoin?
GrowthCoin (GRW) – a fork of Diamond, with several algorithms fixed and improved. It is decendent of Novacoin/PPCoin with Pow/PoS. It combines the great features from Luckycoin (random blocks) and Florincoin (transaction message).
Proof of stake coin is more resilient to 51% attack. Since 51% hashpower is not enough to execute a 51% attack. The attackers must also have at least 51% stake.
GrowthCoin provides monthly interest rate of 5.95%, for stakes that are held during that period of time. This equivalent to an annual interest of 100%. PoS blocks will be generated if the stake are held for more than 5 days. There is a hard limit of 2 billion coins.
Release date: August 27th, 2013
- Each normal block has 100 coins
- 45 seconds block time
- Difficulty retargets every block
- Mining payout will be halved every 3 months (or every 172,800 blocks)
- Expected total mined coins will be 37,368,000 coins
- 3 confirmations for transaction
- 50 confirmations for minted blocks
- Support transaction messageHourly random bonus block of 500-1000 coins (that is, 1/80 chance to get a bonus block).
- The default ports are 17177(Connect) and 17178(RPC).