What is DragonCoin?
Dragon Coin! Another Scrypt Coin.
DragonCoin (DNC) – a ‘faster’ version of Litecoin which also uses scrypt as a proof of work scheme and is intended for microtransactions.
So actually,DragonCoin exists for the following reasons:
-DNC proves that really anyone(!) can start a Litecoin/Bitcoin based currency (just look at the changes I applied to the original Litecoin source, for genesis block generation look at main.cpp)
-allows me to experiment with coin parameters (in a private network)Release date: June 21st, 2013
- 15 seconds block targets: beat that MinCoin! ;)
- 42 007 680 total coins
- no subsidy within the first 3 days and after approximately 5 years; in between: 4 coins per generated block
- difficulty retargets every 0.35 days
- currently peers are looked up over IRC only
- currently no block checkpoints are in the code (but could be easily added) Other than that, this coin is exactly like Litecoin and should by no means be used as a real cryptocurrency. All of the coin parameters are chosen arbitrarily or at most with 'fairness' towards everyone in mind.